Enjoy a Maine lobster luncheon around the charming Old Port!
Join us on a taste-filled lunchtime adventure to learn all about Maine’s most famous crustaceans. Your Maine Foodie Tours guide will take you to four restaurants and purveyors along the waterfront with a stop for a little edutainment where local lobster boats unload their catch. We’ll teach you about a lobster’s life in the bottom of the ocean while you dine on a full, fresh picked lobster roll with the fixins’. Then you’ll hear about the lobstermen and women and how they haul in their catch while you enjoy fresh seafood chowder and a choice of Maine craft beer. After a short narrated walk along the waterfront, we’ll visit a shop for delicious lobster mac and cheese and then we will finish with a choice of the Maine whoopie pie or fresh cupcakes (all baked in-house daily).
- This walking tour is about a quarter mile long visiting local favorites. There’s plenty of food, and food for thought – so you leave us fuller and wiser about our local culinary scene!
- When: Tours offered daily, June-October
- How long: a little over 2 hours
- What’s included: Food and beverage tastings associated with the tour and tour guide. If you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips.
- Who: All ages, who enjoy seafood, are welcome. This is our most family-friendly tour .
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and shoes
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain, snow or shine!