- Join us on a taste-filled lunchtime adventure to learn all about Maine’s most famous crustaceans. Your Maine Foodie Tours guide will take you to four restaurants and purveyors along the waterfront with a stop for a little edutainment where local lobster boats unload their catch. We’ll teach you about a lobster’s life in the bottom of the ocean while you dine on a full, fresh picked lobster roll with the fixins’. Then you’ll hear about the lobstermen and women and how they haul in their catch while you enjoy fresh seafood chowder and a choice of Maine craft beer. After a short narrated walk along the waterfront, we’ll visit a shop for delicious lobster mac and cheese and then we will finish with a choice of the Maine whoopie pie or fresh cupcakes (all baked in-house daily).
- This walking tour is about a quarter mile long visiting local favorites. There’s plenty of food, and food for thought – so you leave us fuller and wiser about our local culinary scene!
- When: Tours offered daily, June-October
- How long: a little over 2 hours
- What’s included: Food and beverage tastings associated with the tour and tour guide. If you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips.
- Who: All ages, who enjoy seafood, are welcome. This is our most family-friendly tour .
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and shoes
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain, snow or shine!
Please meet us at the back side of the Custom House on the corner of Pearl and Commercial St. The front door is on Fore Street, but the tour starts on the other side of the building on Commercial Street- see link for street view
312 Fore Street
Portland, ME 04101