Visit Portland’s vibrant working waterfront to view lobster boats often unloading their catch, learn about the historic wharves and try some of Maines freshest seafood!
We’ll visit a mix of Old Port and waterfront district destinations, and sometimes a locale or two on the fringes, for a progressive lunch. Servings vary from dine-in and to go from restaurants, pubs, markets and artisanal shops.
Learn about the life of lobsters dwelling on the ocean floor and hear about how hardy lobstermen and women haul in their catch year round, rain, snow and shine.
Most “classic culinary heritage” Maine experience with a bit of modern flair.
- WHEN: Public tours are offered May – October and Private experiences subject to availability all year long
- DURATION: 3
- DISTANCE WALKED: less than 1 mile
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Food and beverage tastings associated with the tour, gratuity at locations, knowledgeable local tour guide and lots of food for though
- WHAT’S EXCLUDED: Tips for your guide. When you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips
- WHO: All ages are welcome
- HOW MANY GUESTS: Capacity: Generally 14 people per tour
- WHAT TO WEAR: Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing for Maine’s changeable weather and your walkin’ shoes
- WEATHER: Tour takes place rain or shine!
MEETING LOCATION: In front of the Portland Beer Hub: 320 Fore Street, Portland, ME 04101
320 Fore Street
Portland, ME 04101