Ultimate Nova Scotia Explorer
10 Days / 9 Nights
Yarmouth, NS - Halifax, NS, Baddeck, NS, Portland, ME
Start your trip with comfortable Downeaster travel service to Portland, ME and you will board the ferry to Nova Scotia. On Day 2 you will depart Yarmouth and transfer to Halifax with scenic stops along the way featuring Historic Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site. After a lovely night's sleep in Halifax, you will pass through this vibrant city viewing historic buildings and modern high rises lining the street, visit the Victoria Public Gardens, and much more plus an afternoon tour of Peggy’s Cove. From Halifax, travel to Baddeck and take a tour of the Cabot Trail, which has been described as nature’s longest roller coaster. On Day 6 enjoy a tour of the Fortress of Louisbourg, watch French colonial soldiers fire muskets and cannons, smell fresh bread as it comes from the brick ovens, and try your hand at quill writing or lace making. After departing Baddeck for Halifax, you will begin your return to Yarmouth with a scenic tour / transfer via the North coast with stops at Grand Pre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Annapolis and Digby. After a night's stay in Yarmouth, you will ferry back to Portland for a one-night stay in Maine's favorite city. Many will add a night in Boston at the beginning of this adventure. You may also substitute Boston for Portland, ME.
The vacation may be customized to depart from any station, stay less or additional nights and include other destinations.
ITINERARY - With the move of The CAT to Bar Harbor from Portland, all packages will be redesigned and priced shortly, Please call our office for pricing and more information.
Day 1 – Downeaster rail service to Portland, ME. Depart Portland, ME. via the ferry, arrive in Yarmouth at 8:00PM, Overnight in Yarmouth.
Day 2 – Tour and transfer to Halifax and enjoy stops in Shelburne, Historic Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. Overnight Halifax.
Day 3 – Halifax area tour and a tour of Peggy’s Cove. Overnight in Halifax.
Day 4 – Transfer from Halifax to Baddeck, Nova Scotia. Overnight in Baddeck.
Day 5 – Enjoy a tour of the Cabot Trail. Overnight in Baddeck.
Day 6 – Enjoy a tour of Sydney with the Fortress of Louisbourg. Overnight in Baddeck.
Day 7 – Transfer from Baddeck back to Halifax. Overnight in Halifax.
Day 8 – Tour and transfer from Halifax to Yarmouth with stops in Digby, Annapolis and others. Overnight Yarmouth.
Day 9 – Ferry return from Yarmouth back to Portland, ME. Overnight in Portland.
Day 10 – Depart on the Downeaster for return home.
- Round-Trip Amtrak Downeaster
- Round-Trip CAT Ferry from Portland, ME. to Yarmouth, NS
- Nine-Nights Hotel Stay - Yarmouth, NS - Halifax, NS, Baddeck, NS, Portland, ME
- Deluxe Halifax Tour, Peggy’s Cove Tour, Cabot Trail Tour & Sydney with Fortress of Louisbourg Tour
- Tour / Transfer of Nova Scotia's South Shore and North Shore through Annapolis Valley
- All transfers throughout*
- All taxes
||Price Per Person|
|Two Adults for 2018
|Four Adults for 2018
* WITH THE MOVE OF THE CAT FROM PORTLAND TO BAR HARBOR, WE WILL BE UPDATING ALL PACKAGES AND PACKAGE PRICING. Prices are per person double occupancy and based on availability. Package inclusions may not be available year-round therefore substitutions may be made. Prices based on June and September departures and subject to change. Please call, with travel date, for a quote and most up to date pricing. Expect pricing in July and August to be the highest. The CAT Ferry operates from June 8, 2018 till October 8, 2018. Transfers in Boston are not included but can be added on.