Join us for lunch and an historic and culinary walking tour of Kennebunkport and Lower Village!
Join us for lunch and a historic and culinary walking tour of Kennebunkport and Lower Village! This tour takes a leisurely half mile walk from Dock Square across the bridge into the Lower Village as you taste all along the way what it means to be from Maine.
The area has been home to those who make their living on the sea for centuries and a popular destination for visitors who love the history, beautiful beaches and plentiful outdoor activities. In recent years the culinary scene is also attracting visitors with nationally renowned chefs, gourmet catering companies, craft brewers and award winning food artisans.
This tour takes a leisurely half mile walk from Dock Square across the bridge into the lower village as you taste all along the way what it means to be from Maine. You will visit with shop keepers and food artisans, taste chowders, lobsters and more, all regionally sourced and created by local talent. Our friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you to several venues to sip, taste and learn about Maine’s culinary history and vibrant food scene.
- When: June – October at 10:30am
- Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
- Meeting Location: 2 Ocean Avenue at the park benches. In front of Maine-ly Drizzle and Gabrans shop in Dock Square.
Meeting Address: 2 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME 04043
Tours vary and tastes of the Port samplings will include:
- Satellite donuts to start the tour off on a sweet note
- Fresh lobster right off the boat
- Maine clam or fish “Chowdah
- Craft brewed ales or fruit sodas and Maine honey wines
- The original Maine whoopie pie. The state’s official “treat
- Fresh roasted coffees with local roaster and macaroons
- A visit to a summer stand for an ice-cream of your choice