Join us for a wonderful stroll along Congress and Washington Avenue, Portland’s growing hot spot for new restaurants, distillers, oyster shuckers, brewers, roasters, smokers, bakers and more!Join us for a wonderful stroll along Congress and Washington Avenue, Portland’s growing hot spot for new restaurants, distillers, oyster shuckers, brewers, roasters, smokers, bakers and more! There are new locations opening up left and right, and this tour will visit 7 of the bright new stars while highlighting all the culinary pioneers in a thriving new area for wining and dining.
Enjoy the views of the Eastern Promenade as this tour starts atop scenic Munjoy Hill with the “butteriest croissants”, just singled out as a contributor to Portland earning the “Restaurant City of the Year” by Bon Appetite (August, 2018) Then it’s a walk past the historic Portland Observatory and Eastern Cemetery with a history lesson in route.
The movable feast continues on Washington to taste award winning distilled spirits, smoked meats, clam chowder, freshly shucked oysters, duckfat french fries,craft beer and more, visiting restaurants, shacks and shops. (Don’t worry, if you specify an allergy to oysters or other foods when purchasing your ticket, substitutes will be provided.)
- Approx. 3 hours
- Included: All food and beverage tastings and the services of a local
- Tour guide: Tips for your guide are not included but appreciated when you have a great time!
- Who: Adults 21+ with valid ID present
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- Weather: Tour takes place rain or shine.
What to Wear and Where to Eat:
- Wear: Comfortable clothing and shoes. This walk is quite short and very flat, but you’ll want to dress warmly for the few stretches in between locations.
- Where: Tour meets in front of Belleville located at 1 north street (corner of North and Congress) (advanced tickets required)
60 Portland Pier,
Portland, ME 04101, USA