The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens “Gardens Aglow” event is perhaps the most spectacular holiday lights festival you’ve never heard of – and one you should attend in 2018! Named the #1 Public Garden in the United States by TripAdvisor for 2018, this fantastic outdoor oasis transforms into a winter wonderland for six weeks every year…becoming the largest light show in all of Maine!
Located in Boothbay Harbor, Maine and easily accessible (even without the use of a car!) thanks to our 2018 travel packages, Gardens Aglow runs Thursday through Sunday from 4pm-9pm between November 15 – December 31. Saturdays are the busiest day, so planning NOW for your experience is a must! Highlights of this year’s Gardens Aglow event include…
- Over 600,000 LED lights will create a dazzling holiday experience for all ages!
- Shuttle buses will be running from Boothbay Harbor to the Botanical Gardens event site – free of charge!
- Grab a drink and snack at The Market & Snack Shack – or dine at one of the dozens of spots in Boothbay Harbor!
- Shop for a selection of local, sustainable, and uncommon goods at The Gardenshop!
- Tickets to the event are included in our Gardens Aglow travel package!
The 2018 Gardens Aglow event is sure to be the best yet – and your friends at Downeaster Travel Packages are ready to take the stress out of planning your getaway! See our package info and pricing here – and get in touch to book your spot!